Property/Location: Palace Casino, Edmonton
Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and service oriented individuals with an outstanding problem solving mindset to become part of our remarkable team. The Human Resources Coordinator requires extraordinary interpersonal skills and a passion for managing positive working relationships and meeting operational objectives. This fantastic opportunity provides human resources guidance and support to casino management and staff to enable the achievement of individual, team and organizational goals.
- Manages, facilitates and plans effectively the recruitment and hiring processes, activities and results.
- Monitors and follows up on employee health or injury related absences. Using a detail oriented, and resourceful approach investigates, monitors and responds to information requests from third parties or insurers.
- Supports and coaches efficiently casino management to ensure application of human resources practices, legislation, programs, policies and regulations for casino operations.
- Researches, analyzes, makes recommendations and compiles human resources statistics and practices.
- Retains a thorough and updated knowledge of human resources practices, legislation and policies to respond to employee and management inquiries.
- Supports the design, implementation and ongoing delivery of Human Resource programs and initiatives.
What You Will Require:
- 2 years of progressively responsible human resources experience and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in business or human resources management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working within unionized environments
- CHRP designation an asset
- General knowledge of Human Resources theories, practices, legislation and resources
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, data based software, publishing software, presentation software, email and web browsers
What Is Next:
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.