The Director, Human Resources is accountable to the Vice President, Human Resources for providing leadership and support in the design, development, implementation and adoption of HR practices focused on Total rewards and employee relations, working with the HR management team to ensure the effectiveness and relevancy of these practices. The Director, Human Resources plays an active role in implementing strategies that are aligned with the overall HR Strategy for the business, establishing and developing strong relationships with business leaders and employees across all areas of the company to position the HR team as a value-added business partner; and working with Human Resource leaders and subject matter experts to provide leadership in the planning, design, development, and implementation of HR practices.
This role provides an opportunity to provide leadership in a dynamic, customer-focused organization, with the opportunity to enhance the HR infrastructure in a fast moving organization working with a business minded HR team that is motivated to make a meaningful difference to the organization.
This position can be based in either Kamloops or Vancouver, with a preference for Kamloops.
- Provides strong people leadership and strategic direction to the division by championing BCLC’s vision, mission and values. Models leadership behaviours that support engagement of staff, and drives culture and change management initiatives. Ensures future focused resource planning needs are identified and implemented.
- Fosters strong collaborative relationships with all functional areas of BCLC and works effectively across the leadership team and into the overall organization. Integrates the Human Resources strategy into all areas of the organization and works with the leadership teams to build enthusiasm, passion and engagement across our workforce.
- Provides leadership to a cross-functional team and ensures schedules/timelines/deadlines are managed in order to support broad organizational priorities and achieves results while managing a portfolio of cross-functional projects.
- Provides oversight, strategic direction and senior level expertise in the design, implementation and management of a Total Rewards and Employee Relations strategy that aligns to BCLC’s vision and culture while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Works in partnership with the Director, Talent Management to deliver upon an united HR Strategy through a consistent strategic approach that is focused upon organizational goals and objectives.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Specialization in one or two aspects of Human Resources, particularly in the area of Total Rewards and/or Employee Relations;
- Proven success in the implementation of an HR strategy that is clearly aligned to business objectives and who has been able to measure the results of those strategies;
- A demonstrated track record of building an HR team and the infrastructure required to support HR practices;
- Successful experience creating a committed and engaged work force;
- Proven ability to manage large projects and to influence organizational change;
- A superb communicator at all organizational levels;
- Well-developed consulting, coaching and advisory skills – someone who has the proven ability to influence and drive change.
Please Note: This role will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2014.028 Director, Human Resources.