Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Field Support, the position is responsible for remote site support, network infrastructure support and the successful completion of helpdesk requests within their support queue and overall management of the service provided to all Aecon field activities.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize helpdesk requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- Provide support to remote site end users on a variety of issues
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Track and monitor the problem to insure a timely resolution
- Provide printing support and maintenance for all remote sites
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver specified desktop service levels
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC configurations, including the installation of hard drives, CD-ROMs, RAM and other various computer parts
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems or inquiries within a timely manner
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by end users
- Ensure that physical desktop connections (i.e. RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order, and replace when required or requested to
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of all Information Services related equipment and adhering to current lease return policies
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal within the Remedy ticketing system
- When necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors to resolve end user issues
- Provide after hours on call support as required on a rotational basis
- Must be able to travel to Aecon jobsites and offices across Canada
- Help co-ordinates quality standards and ensures public company compliance
- Adhere to Aecon’s Core Values and Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to Aecon’s IT Services Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Support organizational change
- Minimum of a Post Secondary Education with information technology degree or diploma from a Canadian accredited institution and/or 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience with and training on current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including, but not limited to, DHCP, Windows 7 and ITIL.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Experience with a ITSM tools, such as AR Remedy
- Certification in ITIL would be an asset
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Interested candidates may submit an application directly online at www.aecon.com