Reporting to the Project Manager, the QualityControl Lead is responsible for the site specific quality activities.
- Responsible for the initial set-up of the project including:
- The development and submission of documents requiring review and approval, ie. ITP's, Welding & NDE Matrix, etc.;
- Ensuring that current references are printed or electronically available, ie. Codes of Construction, Quality Manual, Client Specifications, etc.;
- Assisting with the recruitment of project related QC personnel.
- Providing direction to the project related quality team;
- Attending client meetings;
- Assisting with the resolution of project related concerns - both technical and personnel related;
- Coordinating field activities with the Safety Advisor when required;
- Review and signing of data reports;
- Monitoring manpower and adjusting levels to accommodate the project requirements;
- Maintain quality documentation according to established quality manual and procedures;
- Surveillance activities;
- NCR's; and
- Supporting the project team as required.
- Responsible for the Quality Coordinator, Turnover Coordinator, Quality Inspectors, and Quality Administrators.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Supervisory experience a strong asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong customer service focus;
- CSA 178.2 level I or II with B31.3 endorsement (W47.1/W59/Sect.VIII/Sect.IX an asset);
- API 510 an asset;
- API 570 an asset;
- CSA Welding Supervisor an asset;
- Technical Education (WET or MET) or Journeyman certification an asset;
- Experience in reviewing isometric drawings;
- Knowledge of various codes of construction (ASME B31.1, B31.3 ASME Sec.VIII, CSA A23.1, CSA B51, CSA W47,1, CSA W59);
- Current proof of vision requirements;
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent and proven organizational skill in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment;
- Ability to work effectively within a team;
- Willingness to continually learn and advance technical knowledge; and
- ISO knowledge is beneficial.