Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
We are one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada! By achieving a safe and positive work environment for all of our employees. We aim to be the best our industry has to offer.
Established in 1973, South Rock Ltd. is Southern Alberta's leading road construction contractor. Part of the Aecon group of companies, South Rock specializes in highway and municipal construction, cold planning and profiling, pavement repairs, gravel base, and equipment rentals.
The EHS Advisor is responsible for actively promoting a health, safety and environmental culture to all levels of employees with the policies and procedures of Aecon’s Health, Safety and Environmental Manual.
- Conduct employee health and safety orientations
- Conduct site specific safety orientation to workers, owners and clients
- Train supervisors and staff on Aecon Health, Safety and Environmental Manual
- Coordinate training such as WHMIS, First Aid, Fork lift, Propane etc
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits
- Facilitating behavioural observation in the workplace
- Update Material Safety Data Sheets as required
- Develop workplace plans – such as emergency evacuations, fire emergency, traffic controls, fall protection
- Post and maintain safety bulletins, posters, distribution of safety material, supplies and equipment
- Inspects project facilities and recommend corrective actions
- Coordinate activities of site-safety co-ordinators
- Support and assist in the development of return to work and modified work programs
- Perform accident/Incident investigations
- Mediate health and safety issues for resolution
- Prepare and assist with external safety audits
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document and ensure continuous process improvements are applied within areas of control.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required.
- Provide input for studies and analysis of accident trends;
- Liaising with Government agencies
- Work with the WCB Claims Manager to assist with workers compensation claims and associated activities
Required Knowledge & Skills NCSO, CSO, OH&S CertificateExperience in the Health and Safety fieldMinimum 2 years experience in construction Health and SafetyFamiliar with construction terminologyWorking knowledge of the Occupational Health and safety ActWorking knowledge of the Regulations for Construction ProjectsWorking knowledge of the Regulations for Industrial EstablishmentsWorking knowledge of other Regulations, e.g. WHMIS, Asbestos in Construction, Designated Substances, Smoking in the WorkplaceThe ability to work with limited supervision and to be proactiveSuperior organizational skills in order to handle multiple deadlines and tasks within a high-pressure work environment.Excellent interpersonal and communication skillsSelf-motivated and ability to work within a team environmentAbility to work effectively across varying levels of management and employeesAbility to work on a project site (according to the shift schedule dictated by our client) is require
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.