The objective of the Manager, Business Operations role is to ensure an exciting and dynamic player-focused entertainment experience through the management of stakeholder/partner relationships, customer satisfaction and leadership and development of staff.The Manager, Business Operations draws upon specialized knowledge of gaming policies and procedures and game information in order to ensure the efficient and effective operation of BCLC gaming services, to maximize profit and revenue generation and ensure British Columbia Lottery Corporation’s direct delivery of casino entertainment in a socially responsible and high integrity manner. The Manager, Business Operations will manage teams at more than one site, which will involve travel.
- Proactively develops, maintains and manages high profile collaborative relationships with internal contacts and manages strong working relationships with external stakeholders including the player/public, vendors/suppliers, service providers and regulatory and government bodies in order to effectively work together to resolve issues and to positively impact our players experience.
- Develops highly complex and highly specialized customer service work related to directing and providing leadership and management to the site team(s), in order to achieve the best possible levels of performance at the site(s).
- Provides information and assistance in support of problem gambling initiatives, as well as identifies marketing opportunities, including overseeing and evaluating campaigns.
- Proactively and reactively resolves highly complex, sensitive and confidential issues ensuring their outcomes and their integrity and liaises with Casino Service Providers in providing customer service and dispute resolution.
- Collaborates significantly with peers across the Casino division and throughout the organization and makes regular recommendations that demonstrate significant creativity in developing innovative ways of improving process, procedures and gaming protocol.
- Provides strong people leadership by championing BCLC’s vision, mission and values and ensures that staff have the skills required to meet corporate objectives and that technical training and mentoring processes are in place.
- Develops revenue business plans ensuring that they align with divisional strategies and operational efficiency.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Completion of relevant post-secondary education
- Five years related experience (casino operations/gaming, auditing/accounting, business or law enforcement/security) at least three of which should be in a supervisory/leadership position
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership, coaching and motivational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and training skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to provide status and other reporting to other management and senior management
- Financial ability including knowledge of accounting, computerized accounting processes, financial and procedural audits, financial policies & procedures, internal control concepts and management and government information requirements
- Strong working knowledge of marketing and promotions as it relates to casinos
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Strong initiative, with the ability to work independently while providing direction to others and working hours that respond to the needs of current activities and projects
- Knowledge of BCLC Rules & Regulations respecting Lotteries and Gaming, the Casino Operational Services Agreement, Casino Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite.
- Required to travel and work flexible hours
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Please Note: This role will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2014.092 Manager, Business Operations.