|Location:||Stamford, CT, 06904-2212|
|Employee Type:||full time|
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE:IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day.
From CIO's and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to 11,700 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Consultingand Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze andinterpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role.Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., andhas 4,900 associates, including 1,250 research analysts and consultants, andclients in 85 countries.
For moreinformation, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com/technology/about.jsp
Are you looking for a fast-paced career with outstanding advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, think about Gartner!
We are seeking highly motivated, achievement-driven Business Development Directors to contribute to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a world-class sales organization. In addition to a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits, Gartner sales associates can enjoy generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to locations around the world. Come be a part of out incredible growth organization!
With the World of Marketing in a continual state of change, marketing professionals face decisions on how to allocate funds, drive execution and measure returns on these new channels. Today's strategic Digital Marketers are seeking objective advice on how to best operate in this new mission-critical space. This is a market need that we at Gartner are uniquely able to serve.
Our expectation is that our Digital Marketing Business and the new product Gartner for Marketing Leaders (GML) will stand alongside our Information Technology and our Supply Chain Management businesses and products, under the umbrella of our Corporate Strategy for Growth.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Director for our Digital Marketing Channel. In this role, you will be assigned a geographic territory and your goal will be to prospect marketing leaders within companies that are not presently purchasing Gartner for Marketing Leaders. The purpose is to identify key marketing buying centers in these companies to sell GML products and to expand Gartner's net new client base.
This position will be based at Gartner Headquarters in Stamford, CT
This role is responsible to:
· Leverage key best practices to drive and successfully sell new business opportunities; build and effectively manage a territory list of new individuals and new clients to drive business development.
· Sell to only net new/prospective clients, and then transition closed clients to existing Account Executives for continued Gartner service.
· Collaborate with internal resources and external network to prioritize and penetrate the Marketing function within key accounts. Quickly build relationships with key stakeholders to drive business.
· Focus primarily on net new logos / net new client accounts.
· Identify key decision makers and develop strategic relationships to drive revenue.
· Achieve and exceed quota.
· Forecast revenue, in a timely and accurate way.
· Utilize internal sales tools and management processes to drive to an assigned quota.
· Follow determined Business Development "best practices" developed through collaboration with peers or delivered by Sales Leadership Development team.
· 5+ years proven consultative sales experience in marketing services or solutions to large multinational companies; technology-related or research sales is a plus.
· Ability to build credibility quickly with new marketing clients;relationship should be developed at the highest level and then with other key stakeholders.
· Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and strong ability to ensure the transition from prospects to clients.
· Proven experience in closing enterprise-wide complex sales solutions, by structuring innovative, integrated solutions that provide Marketing decision-makers value and support in achieving their business goals.
· Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others in the organization without a direct reporting relationship.
· Comprehensive understanding of marketing buying centers.
· Demonstrated oral and written skills at an executive level;Excellent communicator who is able to formulate, coordinate and implement account strategy and articulate the positive financial impact to a client organization of investing in Gartner.
· High level of professionalism and integrity which builds trustworthy relationships both internally with Gartner colleagues and externally with prospective clients.
· Prior experience utilizing a corporate/enterprise-wide CRM tool.
· Intermediate to advanced competence in Excel.
· Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
Gartner is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gartneris an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the valueof workforce diversity. Gartner does not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability,national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteransstatus, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All matters relating toemployment with the Company are based on, and operate according to, theprinciple of merit.
Ifyou would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Gartner andneed special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability,please send us an email at Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com.